- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (380g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (420g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
For the coating
- ¼ cup (47.5g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (7.5g) cinnamon
- In your stand mixer, combine the butter with the sugar and beat on medium speed until well creamed together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix into the butter and sugar until the eggs are well beaten.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Slowly add into batter and beat on medium low speed until well combined and dough starts to form.
- In a small bowl, combined cinnamon and sugar and stir to combine. Use a large cookie scoop and scoop cookie dough into the cinnamon sugar and roll to coat the cookie.
- Place the cookies on a silicone lined baking sheet. Refrigerate dough for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place the cookies about 2 inches apart on your baking sheet. If your cookies have been refrigerated longer than 2 hours, allow them to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookie to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.