- 1 ½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips I used Lily’s chocolate chips
- 24 Cadbury mini eggs jelly beans or macadamia nuts*
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread the shredded coconut onto a baking sheet for toasting. Place in oven for 5-10 minutes, until coconut is a light golden brown color. Make sure to stay in the kitchen watch the coconut, as it can easily go from toasted to burnt. Alternately, you can toast the coconut in a pan on the stove-top.
- Let toasted coconut cool on baking sheet while melting chocolate. Add chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 20-30 second increments until the chocolate is melted. Add cooled coconut and melted chocolate into a large bowl and toss to combine. Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to scoop about 2-3 Tablespoons of the coconut chocolate mixture onto a piece of parchment and shape into a nest. Top each nest with 2-3 eggs. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Let nests set at room temperature or place in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process. Store leftover nests in an airtight container at room temp for 4-5 days or in the fridge for longer storage. If you store them in the fridge, let sit for about 5-10 minutes before eating.