Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡. It's a little rustic, but a thing of beauty, with its golden crispy skin and delicious flavor. Salt Baked Chicken is a signature Hakka (客家) dish, and this is the real deal, true blue version of the recipe-but more on that later. It's a little rustic, but a thing of beauty, with its golden crispy skin and delicious flavor.
You can have Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡 using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡
- It’s 1 of slow growing breed chicken.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sichuan pepper, optional.
- It’s 1 of anise star.
Salt baked chicken 盐焗鸡 instructions
- Disect a chicken ~4lb into 8 pieces. Set aside chicken bones for stock later..
- Massage 1 Tsp into the chicken and set aside for 20 minutes..
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes and drain the liquid into a separate bowl. Turn each piece and bake for a second 30 minutes..
- Drain the liquid and continue to bake for another 20-30 minutes until chicken is semi-dry. It's great to use the chicken in any other dish such as soup or stirfry once it chill down. If enjoy it immediately, please serve with rice or breads because it is saltier than a regular dish..