You can have Pancit Canton using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pancit Canton
- Prepare 1 cup of cabbage cut thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of carrots.
- You need 1 cup of green beans sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped celery sliced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of finely chopped yellow onion.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of minced garlic (2-3 cloves).
- You need 1/2 pound of chicken breast sliced into thin.
- You need 1/2 pound of chicken liver.
- It’s of salt to taste.
- You need of Freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- It’s 3 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of Pancit Canton flour noodles (500 grams).
Pancit Canton instructions
- Bring 5 cups of water in a pot to boil. As the water heats up, prepare an ice bath in a large bowl and a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Once the water comes to a boil, salt the water with about a tablespoon of salt and drop in the vegetables, blanching for about 1 minute. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the vegetables into the ice bath and let it sit for 2 minutes. When the vegetables are cool, drain the vegetables, place on the lined plate, and set aside..
- Heat the olive oil in a wok over medium-low heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic, and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent..
- Add the chicken liver season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring periodically, Add the chicken. Stir in the chicken broth, water, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes..
- Add the noodles into the wok, tossing the noodles as it absorbs the sauce. If you find that the noodles are too dry, add a little water if necessary. When the noodles are soft, stir in the reserved vegetables and chicken, tossing to combine. Cook for about another minute more..
- Transfer the pancit to a serving dish,Serve immediately, with a squeeze of lemon juice to taste..