Smoked Chicken Wings.
You can have Smoked Chicken Wings using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked Chicken Wings
- It’s 20 of IQF Chicken Wings.
- Prepare of AP Rub*.
- It’s 1 Cup of Salt.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Garlic Granulated.
- It’s 1/4 of Pepper.
- You need of Rub Mix*.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Garlic Granulated.
- You need 2 tbsp of White Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Paprika.
- Prepare of Sauces*.
- Prepare of BBQ Sauce.
- It’s of Hot Sauce.
- You need of Teriyaki Sauce.
Smoked Chicken Wings step by step
- 3 days before cooking divide the wing quantity in half to thaw. Put 10 wings per gallon sized bag with 2 tbsp of the AP rub. As the wings thaw the ice will melt and mix with the rub and act as a brine..
- Heat smoker to 275° F. I used a combination of charcoal and pecan wood..
- Pat the wings dry and dust both sides with the rub mix. I didn't use a traditional style BBQ rub or my personal chicken rub mix recipe. I wanted them to have a lighter flavor and less of a bark than a brown sugar based rub gives so the sauces could act as the glaze..
- Let sit for just few minutes with the rub before putting on the smoker..
- Smoke them for 1 hour..
- Put the teriyaki sauce in a small bowl and in another bowl mix 2 parts BBQ sauce and 1 part hot sauce. Let these come to room temperature. I did 10 teriyaki and 10 hot bbq..
- After an hour flip and let cook for another half hour..
- Flip again and sauce. After 10 minutes flip and sauce the other side..
- Let them cook for another 10-15 minutes. The light rub will set and add a slight crispness like if fried. The sauce will be thick and smokey..