- You need 12 of chicken drumettes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tbs of baking powder.
- You need 1 tbs of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3 of heaping tbs hoisin sauce (I use Lee Kum Kee brand).
- You need 1 of heaping tbs chili garlic sauce (also Lee Kum Kee).
- You need 1 of green onion, chopped, for garnish.
Crispy chicken wings in sweet and spicy Chinese glaze step by step
- Preheat oven to 450F/230C and line a baking tray with tin foil rubbed or sprayed with oil..
- Combine flour, baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix thoroughly..
- Pat drumettes dry, add them to the bowl, and coat each one thoroughly with the flour mixture..
- Lay the drumettes out on the baking tray with some space between them. Cook for 30-35 minutes, turning them once after 20 minutes to make sure they cook evenly..
- About five minutes or so before the chicken is ready to come out, combine the hoisin and the chili garlic sauces in a sauce pan and heat on low-medium until bubbling. Let it simmer on low..
- Take the drumettes out of the oven, put them in a clean large bowl, pour the glaze over them, and mix to coat them all thoroughly..
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve..