Super Juicy Super Crispy Fried Chicken Thighs.
You can cook Super Juicy Super Crispy Fried Chicken Thighs using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Super Juicy Super Crispy Fried Chicken Thighs
- You need of chicken.
- Prepare 6 of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare of chicken coating.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of yellow corn meal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of chipotle ground powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of albanian dried sage leaves, I used Penzeys brand..
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need of frying.
- You need 48 oz of vegetable oil.
Super Juicy Super Crispy Fried Chicken Thighs step by step
- Trim off excess fat from chicken..
- Place chicken in a large bowl and pour in buttermilk. Cover and refrigerate chicken for 1 hour..
- In a gallon sized Ziploc bag add in all of the coating ingredients. Zip closed and shake well to combine ingredients thoroughly..
- Add in chicken and zip closed again. Shake vigorously to coat chicken. Let chicken sit in bag while preparing oil..
- In a large Dutch oven cast iron pot or using a deep fryer, heat oil to 350°F fahrenheit..
- Cook chicken in two batches. Place three pieces and cook for three-four minutes and then flip. Cook another three-four minutes..
- Drain chicken on a paper towel lined plate while cooking second batch..
- You now have super juicy, super crispy chicken. Enjoy..
- Recipe by taylor68too..