Balsamic Chicken Thighs.
You can cook Balsamic Chicken Thighs using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Balsamic Chicken Thighs
- You need 10 of boneless,skinless chicken thighs; each cut into 3 strips.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper; medium dice.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper; medium dice.
- It’s 1 of yellow squash; medium dice.
- You need 1 of small red onion; medium dice.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves; creamed.
- It’s 4 C of long grain rice.
- It’s 8 C of vegetable stock.
- You need 1 C of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 pinch of sugar.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- You need 3/4 oz of fresh basil; chiffonade.
- It’s as needed of olive oil.
- It’s as needed of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
Balsamic Chicken Thighs step by step
- Let chicken sit at room temp for 30 minutes to 1 hour..
- Drizzle enough olive oil over the chicken to coat. Toss. Season with salt and pepper..
- Combine rice and vegetable stock in a medium sized saucepot. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, but do not remove the lid. Let steam 5 minutes..
- Heat a large saucepot with olive oil..
- Brown chicken on both sides and remove to a plate..
- Add squash, bell peppers, and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on high heat for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and cook until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic during last minute of cooking..
- Melt butter slowly in a small saucepan until browned. Not black. Remove from heat..
- Add garlic and chicken. Cook 1 minute..
- Add balsamic and sugar. Reduce over medium heat until nearly dry..
- Serve over rice. Drizzle with brown butter. Garnish with basil..
- Try serving with a salad dressing, with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, or extra vinegar if a sauce is desired. Parmigiano Reggiano makes a great garnish as well..
- Variations; Parsley, thyme, oregano, zucchini, sage, thyme, tomatoes, lemon, beef, pork, ricotta, gruyere, parmesean, romano, goat cheese, mozzarella cheese, prosciutto, provolone, fennel, figs, dijon, country mustard, kale, spinach, arugula, brown rice, shallots, scallions, chives, caramelized onions,.