Chorizo Braised Chicken Thighs with Chickpeas.
You can cook Chorizo Braised Chicken Thighs with Chickpeas using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chorizo Braised Chicken Thighs with Chickpeas
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It’s 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- You need 6 oz of cured Spanish chorizo, diced.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need 2-3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chipotle powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of frozen orange juice concentrate.
- You need 1 package of gelatin, unflavored.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 2 Tbsp of parsley, chopped.
Chorizo Braised Chicken Thighs with Chickpeas step by step
- Soak the raisins in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Combine the stock, wine, and orange in a cup and bloom the gelatin in the liquid by sprinkling it over the top..
- Combine the salt, cumin, paprika, chipotle, and pepper and season the chicken.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil to a dutch oven or large pot and add the chorizo. cook over medium heat until crispy..
- Add the chorizo to the chick peas and reserve..
- Turn the heat to high, and sear the chicken thighs 3 minutes each side. I like to keep them rolled up as they come in the package..
- Remove the chicken and set aside..
- Add the onions to the pan and turn the heat down to medium..
- Cook the onions down being sure to scrape up the fond on the bottom of the pan. ~10 min..
- Add the stock mixture and bring to a simmer..
- Add the chicken back to the pot and simmer 10 min..
- Add the reserved chickpeas, chorizo and parsley to the pot and cook until heated through..